Chris Barry Plant Hire Ltd. based in Castletownbere, Co. Cork is a family owned & operated business. It has been in operation since 1985, and is a leading Plant & Civil Engineering firm with significant experience in a broad range of construction services. All of our services are listed and displayed below.
- Groundworks – including site clearance and earthworks.
- Road works – including traffic management, pavement strengthening, road widening, road upgrade, road realignment.
- Drainage – including standard and deep depth drainage.
- Muck shifting / bulk excavation including offsite disposal to a licensed facility.
- We cover a wide range of utility works incorporating gas, electricity, water and communication ducting.
- Butt fusion / Electro fusion welding of polyethene pipe in water, gas and wastewater projects.
- Concrete Structure – Formwork, reinforcement and execution of to accommodate the installation of in-situ reinforced concrete including slabs, bases & foundations.
- Demolition including disposal off-site to a licensed waste facility.
- Agricultural services – Silage / Mowing / Slurry & fertiliser spreading / Hedge cutting
Health & Safety
Health & Safety remains at the forefront of all projects undertaken by Chris Barry Plant Hire Ltd. We pride ourselves on our exemplary safety record for over 30 years. Our priority is to provide a safe and healthy work environment for all persons employed on our projects, including anyone who may be affected by our work activities. All operatives have received Safe Pass and Manual Handling training and are CSCS qualified, as well as ongoing task-specific training. We employ both internal and external health and safety advisors to advise and ensure that the highest health and safety standards are implemented and maintained across our projects. Chris Barry Plant Hire Ltd. is dedicated to making all managerial and financial resources available in order to achieve a safer workplace with safe systems of work implemented.